Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Maybelline Clear Glow All In One Fairness Compact Powder (Review)



Claims:
INSTANT FAIRNESS: Infused with Pro Vitamin C, it instantly illuminates skin's appearance, revealing a healthy fair glow.
HELPS PREVENT SKIN DARKENING: SPF 26 PA++, high UV protection helps defend from the skin darkening and appearance of spots.
SMOOTH EVEN SKIN: Ultra fine, lightweight powders blend easily giving optimum coverage to erase spot appearance for smooth, even skin.
SHINE CONTROL: Blend of water and sebum repellent powders keep skin shine free, perfectly matte and fresh.

Price: INR175, Shade 03-Natural




As a compact powder, I find this one perfect. Its packaging is cute, very convenient. It has a different compartment for sponge with openings for air drying. I don’t use this sponge that often though, I use a normal powder puff for application. The sponge is good for its wet application, which gives a different kind of finish. I absolutely love this compact!! Its coverage is remarkable. I am using the shade "3- Natural", but before this I had its shade "4- Sand Beige", which was definitely a bit dark for me, but I liked how it looked on my skin and how it photographed too.

Pros

SPF 26 and PA+++. I always, always, always look for makeup with sun protection.
Great Coverage which is buildable.  If your skin is not too troublesome, wearing this alone with just a dab of concealer on your blemishes will be enough.
Can be used wet and dry. I have not tried the wet method that much though.
Economic. Recently other brands have come out with similar compacts, which can also be used wet and dry both, and those compacts cost a bomb.

Cons

Honestly, I love this compact too much. Don’t ask me its cons. Just Don’t!

Paisa Vasool: Oh Yeah! :)


My Rating: 5/5 

Okay let me check if I have ever rated any product as ‘5’ on GingerSnaps……….. NO.. I haven’t!! For the price I think this product is a fantastic buy. What I found absolutely mind-boggling is its amazing coverage. So ladies and gentlemen if any I have finally found my HG Pressed Powder!! till I  find something better


____________________________________________________________

So have you used "Maybelline Clear Glow All In One Fairness Compact Powder?" What Compact Powder are you currently using?
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. is it ideal 4 photographs???
    i mn its wid spf,, so does it gvs dat white cast o so???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have photographed fine with it. But Titanium Dioxide, which is used in some makeup products to provide SPF does reflect light and make people look ghostly white in photographs. On the other hand some people also say that it is the bad lighting more than the SPF that brings this effect.

      If SPF does give your face a whitish cast, maybe you can avoid wearing makeup with high SPF for days when you are going to some celebration or event and you know that you are going to click lot of pics. :)

      Delete
  2. Seems like a really good compact...and at a fraction of the price of the Shiseido brightening compact I'm currently using! Have reviewed that here: http://indianshringar.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/impulse-buy-shiseido-white-lucent.html?m=1

    Think I'll buy this Maybelline one for daily wear and keep the Shiseido one for special occassions. Nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing...

    Did you get a chance to check the website www.ezedcal.com to manage editorial calendar easily for your blog and show your editorial calendar in your blog easily (optional)
    Thanks & Regards
    Malar

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this compact powder so so much :D
    Gr8 review.
    xoxo <3

    http://littlemisssinner.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  5. thnx alott karishma.. wil keep dis in mind....:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ~~i see! humor quotient..shining thru ur writing too~~

    how i smile n admire simultaneously~~!

    a layman! but im going to give this product a try~~~

    ARE u listening MAYBELLINE ~~ this lady here is minting moneyss for Ull..

    thank her :D

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig